Wednesday 13 January 2010

2.1


...kids, semi in the suburbs, family Volvo. Well I have the family Volvo at least, used traditionally to transport 2.0 kids and 2.0 golden retrievers around, now handed down to myself for which I'm very grateful. Semi?? I prefer fully auto...."When you absolutely, positively, gotta kill every motherfucker in the room...". I don't, however, have the 2.1 kids and don't have any intention of having them. It's just not me, no desire for them and plenty of reasons against. Of course this could change and I could change and if I changed into a different person that would be fine, but the person I am now isn't one who is having kids.

I'm finding it really rather weird how so many people I know are now having children. I know it's what human beings do, but I never really expected it to happen to people I know - friends, acquaintances, and climbing, well bouldering, peers (I mean peers in terms of rough age and passion for climbing, not peers in terms of ability nor social status!). But yup it is happening, more buns being baked than Greggs on a busy morning. I'm not quite sure why it seems weird given it's natural - perhaps I thought dedicated climbers would be immune?? - so maybe it's my perspective and thus me that is weird. Don't answer that.

Anyway, my bets are that DOB is next, I am really surprised he's held out this long given what a soppy git he is ;).

P.S. I do intend to have puppies though!! And piglets!! See I do have a soul...

No comments: